Wednesday, March 15, 2006
New culinary ground
Last night I cooked my first ever pork roast. I've never bothered with roasting pork before, leaving my mates here in Shep to cook roasts on their rostered cooking days instead, but as pork was on special in Coles this week, and under the supervision of Rob, I decided to give it a go.

And it was good!

So good that we ate it all up before I could take a photo. (Well, the fact that I forgot to take a photo early enough is besides the point). Hence, I shall attempt to describe it with mere words.

After 2 hours of oven-time, it was a 2.5kg leg of pork covered on one side with golden-brown crisp salted crackling which literally crunched as we took it out of the oven. The tender pork sliced easily off the bone, infused with fragrance from the bed of onions and garlic it had stewed upon. A mishmash of roast vegetables featuring perfectly cooked potatoes with rosemary (crisp on the outside, soft on the inside) complimented the succulent slices of pork. This was all draped liberally with luscious brown gravy made out of the drippings and the softened caramelised onions and garlic combined with some good old Gravox. Served with apple sauce and a fresh green salad, it made a very tasty and hearty Tuesday night meal.

Mmm...
And tonight, Jules is cooking Vietnamese Chicken Salad with Vietnamese Fried Rice.
That's all we do in Shep... EAT!


3 Comments:

Blogger Incognito said...

WoooOOo! Found you!

Blogger Sue-Lyn said...

Yoohoo!

Heehee doh, now people actually know that I have a blog, I might actually have to... blog.

:)

How does Sunday lunch sound? We can get take out and go invite ourselves over to the Coggins and visit.

Blogger drey said...

the coggins are in support of that move...

Post a Comment

<< Home